Lab-grown diamonds are real diamonds that have been grown in a lab instead of mined from the earth. The process of creating these gems is complex and involves high pressure and temperatures, but the finished product is beautiful, affordable, and ethical. Read on to learn more about lab-grown vs. natural diamonds—and how to make your choice from Samuel Kleinberg’s selection of lab-created diamonds.
Lab Created Diamonds vs. Natural Diamonds
The biggest difference between natural and lab-created diamonds is how they’re made. What is a lab-grown diamond, then? Lab-created diamonds are man made through a process that mimics the natural formation of diamonds. They’re made by heating carbon under extremely high pressure and temperature to form diamond crystals, which are then cut and polished. In contrast, natural diamonds formed over millions of years deep within the Earth’s mantle using intense heat and pressure from tectonic plates colliding with each other.
Natural diamonds often contain impurities such as nitrogen or boron that make them less desirable for jewellery due to their yellow tint (which can be removed through additional treatment). This makes lab diamonds more affordable than natural, mined ones—but there’s nothing wrong with buying one!
Reasons to Choose Lab Diamonds
- Affordability — Lab diamonds are a great choice for those who want to get the best deal possible on their diamond purchase. The lab diamonds vs. real diamonds cost gap is quite large. By cutting out the middleman and working directly with the manufacturer, you can save hundreds of dollars on your purchase.
- Customization and variety — Lab diamonds also offer more options than mined ones because they are created in a laboratory under strict conditions where every step is monitored by professionals (instead of being found by chance in nature). This means that you have more control over what kind of stone you want, how big it will be, how much colour it will have, and any other factors related to its appearance or value.
- Ethical choice — One of the benefits of lab-grown gemstones is that they have less of an impact on the environment than mined gems. Our lab-grown diamonds are 100% mining free, without compromising any of the qualities of natural diamonds.
Where to Buy Lab Grown Diamonds in Canada?
At Samuel Kleinberg Jewellers, we believe that you should never have to pay for what you don’t want. That’s why we make sure to create only products that are beautiful, quality-made and affordable. Our goal is to provide you with the best value for your money so that you can feel confident in your purchase. Also, one of the benefits of lab-grown gemstones is that they have less of an impact on the environment than mined gems.
We know that everyone likes something different, so we’ve created a wide array of options for you to choose from. From custom jewellery designs to finely crafted diamond engagement rings and wedding bands our collection has something for everyone!
Best Lab Created Diamonds for Sale in Canada
If you’re looking for the best lab diamonds for sale in Canada, consider these four factors:
- Excellent cut. When it comes to a lab-created diamond, the cut will likely be better than what you can get from a mined diamond because of the way the stones are made. As long as your chosen lab diamond has been expertly faceted, it should have excellent symmetry and sparkle that outshines mined diamonds with poorer cuts.
- High color grade. In order to look natural and beautiful, your purchased lab diamond must also have a high color grade—a rating based on how much a stone absorbs light across its surface area. A lower color grade means less absorption and thus more light reflected back at you (and others), making your gem look whiter and more brilliant than if it was given a higher grade like “G” or “H” on its certification report card (if such reports are available). So make sure yours is rated below “D.”
- High clarity grade. While we’re talking about certifications here, don’t forget about clarity! Lab-created diamonds usually have fewer internal flaws than their mined counterparts do (because they’re grown rather than extracted), so they’ll almost always score better when tested under magnification by an independent inspector during grading processes like those done at GIA Laboratories or IGI USA Ltd., who often verify whether each stone meets industry standards set forth by their respective organizations before issuing certificates of authenticity upon completion of inspection processes; most labs perform both visual checks plus additional tests depending on how much money customers want to invest in this step alone versus other steps taken together throughout production cycles running anywhere between three months up until two years depending upon which company makes them–and whether customers choose custom cuts/designs versus standard ones already available online prior.
With Samuel Kleinberg’s selection of jewellery made of lab diamonds, you get just diamonds, no mining.